The Values Polk County Democrats Share
We believe that ...
- Workers with living wages grow strong economies.
- Big corporations should pay their fair share for infrastructure and services from which they benefit.
- Regulations protect prevent the abuse of abusing people by protecting and their health and safety.
- Gun ownership is a constitutional right AND that we can create common sense regulations that do not need to infringe on that right.
- Everyone is free to worship, or not, as their conscience moves them.
- Our American flag belongs to all of us.
- We All humans are all interconnected and have responsibility for actions that affect others.
- Immigration is our identity. Unless our ancestors were First Peoples, We're all descended from immigrants.
- We honor and support the inclusion of First People in deciding our nation’s business.
- We must protect our planet and its inhabitants for future generations.
- Investment in alternative energy will combat global climate change, keep America competitive and reduce our dependence on the Middle East.
- We should serve our veterans by funding their healthcare, mental health needs, and housing.
- Our U. S. military should be used for defense and not aggression. Living harmoniously in the world
- Diplomacy and forging strong alliances are more effective than military dominance in the long run.
- Our votes, not Money, should not decide who gets elected to serve us.
- Investment in education keeps our nation competitive and free from tyranny.
- Healthcare for All is less expensive and provides better results than our current patchwork system.
- Love is Love when between consenting adults.
- Women have a right to make their own healthcare choices.
- Access to contraceptives and sex education helps avoid abortion and unwanted pregnancies.
- Public employees are not the problem; they make the country function.
Kindness & Compassion are Everything
Edits/Changes? Send to firstname.lastname@example.org